Knowledgeable Representation During A Tax Sale

When a property owner fails to pay taxes on their property, the government may sell the property at a public auction. This is called a tax sale. If the property owner does not redeem the property after the auction by paying all due taxes plus the costs of the sale, then the purchaser can file a lawsuit to foreclose the right of the property owner to redeem the property.

Experienced in real estate, financial legal issues and litigation, the lawyers of Vanessa Carpenter Lourie, P.C. are prepared to help you redeem your property or to facilitate your purchase of the tax sale property.

Helping You Retain Your Property Rights

In many cases, individuals do not realize that they owe property taxes until it is too late. This problem is especially common if you own multiple pieces of land – you may be missing tax bills and other key notifications.

Once your land is sold, you have a limited amount of time to recover your property rights. Once you notice an issue, immediately contact our experienced real estate attorneys to help you redeem the sold taxes. Once the tax deed is transferred to the purchaser, it becomes increasingly difficult to recover your property, so it is important that you contact us before this occurs.

Facilitating The Purchase Of A Tax Sale

If you purchase a property’s tax deed, our lawyers can help you successfully secure rights to the land. We can help you acquire the tax deed and prevent the original owner from redeeming the property.

This process can be complex and depends on prompt action. Our team can guide you through the steps to help you avoid costly mistakes that could derail the successful transfer of property.

Contact Us To Discuss Your Options

Our knowledgeable real estate law attorneys can provide the trusted legal counsel you require during a tax sale. Call us at 202-342-8000 to schedule a consultation at our Georgetown office. You may also contact our team online. We have represented clients throughout Washington, D.C., Prince George’s County and Montgomery County, Maryland.